Oil 101 – The Podcast has hit the airwaves. In these first three episodes you will hear a discussion on the fundamentals of Upstream, Midstream and Downstream segments of the oil and gas industry.
They are short and to-the-point, and a great way to get primed for what’s coming next.
These first episodes mirror the 10 e-learning modules that are available in our Oil 101 learning community, but without the slides, ebook, and video formats that are available to our members.
In this first episode of the Oil 101 podcast, we discuss ‘What is Upstream Oil and Gas?’
Upstream, also known as Exploration & Production (or E&P) is all about the wells, but first you have to figure out where to drill.
In this 12-minute podcast, we will discuss:
- What is Upstream?
- Risks in Upstream
- Exploration and Production (E&P)
- Unconventional Techniques and Resources
- Main players in Upstream
- Oilfield Services
Episode 2: Introduction to Midstream
If Upstream is all about the wells, Midstream is all about processing, moving, and storing the produced oil and gas.
In this 13-minute podcast, we will discuss:
- What is Midstream?
- Characteristics of the Midstream segment of the oil and gas industry
- Some participants in Midstream
- Oil and natural gas processing
- Transportation – gathering systems, pipelines, rail, more
- Storage – methods and differences between oil and natural gas
Episode 3: Introduction to Downstream
In this episode of the Oil 101 podcast series, we will discuss the fundamentals of the Downstream segment of the oil and gas industry.
Key Downstream business sectors include refining, supply and trading, and marketing.
In this 8-minute podcast, we will discuss:
- What is Downstream?
- Characteristics of the Downstream segment of the oil and gas industry
- Refining and characteristics of crude oil
- Some participants in Downstream
- Consumption – the final link in the value chain
- The current global energy mix
- Marketing and retail
Upstream vs Downstream? A Common Question…
If you’re one of the many people searching on Google for ‘What is the difference between Upstream and Downstream?’ These first Oil 101 episodes are for you. In fact, the popularity of this search just shows that people are generally ignoring Midstream!
In oil and gas, there’s always more to learn…
Of course, there’s much more material available to our members. Click here to learn more about the Oil 101 learning community. There’s over 1,200 fellow enthusiastic and curious colleagues waiting for you to join them!