We’ve learned from working with clients on complex projects that you must have a structured methodology or approach to make your oil and gas training project successful.
Vendor training often misses the mark, is more about the system than the work and wastes precious time of the operations staff.
Our approach is quite simple and is shown on this diagram. There are three basic components represented in these circles – targeted content, instructional design principles, and relevant delivery technologies.
To have a successful, interactive oil & gas training program, you must start with content that is crisp, relevant and professional for the audience that you’re trying to influence.
There are a few different ways to achieve the desired content:
- Our editorial team, oil and gas training and subject matter experts with instructional design experience, can review your in-house course content for translation to an interactive or blended learning environment
- Our oil and gas training experts can rapidly customize our available content to suit your company’s specific training needs.
- We can lead a joint editorial team with your internal SME’s, leveraging the vast experience of our oil and gas training development team, to develop unique content from scratch.
To learn more about our oil and gas training experts, view bios for our Houston and Pittsburgh teams.
Instructional Design Principles
Use instructional design principles to carefully define the audience and the best technique they need to learn and retain the material.
EKT Interactive incorporates the A-D-D-I-E methodology with enhancements specific to our experience developing custom oil and gas training programs.
Relevant Delivery Technologies
Relevant delivery technologies does not mean you eliminate the use of “instructor-led”. In a lot of applications instructor-led must be blended with technologies to create a successful oil & gas training program.
Most importantly, every time you move from one component to the other, you must review the content and make sure that it’s applicable to the program you are trying to deliver.
The correct intersection in the center is what we call the sweet spot tailored to each individual audience.
Oil & Gas Training programs that enable knowledge transfer from industry experts to the next generations:
- Adult learning techniques that maximize retention
- Fact-based industry content – with explanatory charts and graphs
- Interactive instructor and web delivery formats to keep students attention
- Web applications that closely match the effectiveness of the classroom
- Social network technologies to leverage the class community
- Routine updates to incorporate lessons learned and improve content
EKT Interactive Curriculum Scope
Web demonstrations available for downstream operations…
- Fast paced high quality graphics
- Animation and annotations
- Narration option
- Learner controlled navigation
- Frequent quizzes and games
- Video clips “Need to know – Nice to Know” options
- Searchable Glossary
Get In Touch
Contact us to learn more about how our custom training programs can be a solution to your human resource development challenges or visit our oil 101 and gas e-learning portal at ektinteractive.com.